Anyone who has quested, run a dungeon, and most especially raided, understands the mind-numbing, nerve-frying experience of coming up against a challenge that just seems to thwart you over and over again.
Going Through The 5 Stages
- Denial- “No seriously guys we got it this time.”
- Anger- “Are you kidding me?! Who the hell pulled!?”
- Bargaining- “I will give you the ax if you’ll just pull a little more DPS.”
- Depression- “We’re never going to get this, why are we even trying? Fine, pulling in 3, 2, 1.”
- Acceptance- “Ok guys even if we never get this down we tried our hardest.”
There have been times throughout my career in WoW that I’ve come up against The Wall. That place where you think there is just no way to can walk back into the raid, that place where you seriously give thought to unplugging your router and walking away, that place that makes you start to second guess the idea of ever wanting to play this game again.
At The End of It All
So why do we keep playing, why don’t we unplug the router, and why do you walk back through that portal? Because when you finally down that boss, it’s the greatest feeling you’ll ever have in game. It makes everything worth it.
There are reasons that YouTube has countless videos up of vent eruptions after bosses are down, it’s like get a shot of euphoric drugs, like getting picked first for dodge ball in middle school, it bring you to tears. This may seem like I’m over exaggerating, and maybe I am a little.
After 6 weeks of working our asses off and working on our mistakes my guild finally down Heroic Blackhorn, and yeah, it brought me to tears. I got to hear the explosion in vent as we all experienced the heart filling joy of really, truly, being a team. So I have to take a moment and say thank you to all my guildmates personally.
- Wolfeson (Hunter DPS)- You never yelled, just kept encouraging us.
- LTSmash (Pally DPS)- Even if you got so mad you never showed us, you just kept saying it’s all good.
- Bounceybra (Hunter DPS)- TEAM AUNABRA! We rock, didn’t you know?
- He-Rain(Raingear) (Shaman DPS)-Thank you for not standing in charges, and not making me DPS.
- She-Rain(Raineva) (Warlock DPS)- You are the best drug dealer a raid could ever ask for.(Warlock crack FTW)
- Persus (DK Tank)- Could not ask for a better tank. Even if you don’t know how to work your mic.
- Rets (Warrior Tank)- We forgive you for your dog. Also thanks for sticking with all the learning even if you couldn’t be there on the kill night, we thought of you.
- Majju (Mage DPS)- It’s always your fault. Accept your lot as a Mage and keep doing 50K DPS.
- Kopogero (Pally Healer)- We don’t get along all the time, but you are one of the best healers I’ve ever raided with.
- Special thanks to Weaselmasta (Warrior Tank) thanks for filling in that night, we literally couldn’t have downed him without you!
Thank you all my readers for sticking with this rather sappy post. Good luck with the bosses your on, and remember you’ll get it eventually.