My random “luck” in wow is really messed up.
Isn’t it shiny. It’s so blue, and crystaly…and shiny. That would be the extremely rare mount from Stonecore. I’m showing you this picture to brag, encase you were thinking it was for some other reason.
Normally I don’t condone bragging, I’m sure this is because I suffer from in-game stuff envy, but since this is quite literally the only mount/anything special in WoW I’ve ever won I’m OK with it.
BTW won it in the first week of Cataclysm drop and rolled a 100 to get it. Yeah, cause that’s how I roll, but not really.
Mounts and other “things”
Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean every time I loose at anything random, I feel like WoW’s random luck system just absolutely hates people.
Take my fiancé for example, he has so many mounts, actually you could say he has Mountain o’ Mounts, and a good chunk of them he’s managed to win “randomly”, now I won’t discount the fact that he has also worked his ass off to get others, but still come on!
Toss me a bone sometimes.
I have things like the drakes from OS10 and OS25, but those were had during this expansion, when you’d get a group of people together and just do it every week till everyone had one, so I don’t really count those.
I guess somewhere in the verse I have pissed off the God of Randomly Decide Who Gets Stuff in WoW. Sometimes he’s known as Ghostcrawler…I kid.
Now on the other hand, for crafting I have some of the best random luck ever. Whenever I make flasks, since I am a flask-masta, /flex, I like to call it proc-a-palooza time.
I proc like crazy, and not just that x2 nonsense, I’m talking the illusive x3, and x4 procs.
I try not to think of it when I’m actually making them, hoping that it works along the same line as “if I can’t see them, they can’t see me” or “knock on wood”, but really it gets so good that my old raiding group used to wait to make potions, or transmutes until they could stand next to me.
I have the strangest gear luck, it’s not like I don’t get gear, cause I do. I get really nice gear, and I work my butt of to get it, but every raid there is always one illusive piece of gear that I just never get, or I don’t get till the very end, right before a new raid drops.
- Ulduar it was trinkets, couldn’t get a good trinket to save my life, or in my case others lives.
- ICC, it was an off hand. That one really got me, I had been with my current guild Unity for a while and had managed to accrue enough EPGP to have surpassed my GM for whatever dropped next.
- We downed Heroic Rotface, and low and behold Heroic Trauma drops, and GANK! Mine now!
- To be honest my GM really wanted the item, but we both equally needed it so I took it. I spent the remainder of the expansion with no proper off hand, not even a normal mode ICC off hand. I ended the expansion with a PvP off hand…embarassing.
- I don’t count Ruby Sanctum, and you’ll find out in a later series why.
- In the Cataclysm raids, it was shoulders. All I wanted were Flickering Shoulderpads of the Undertow but no, I have downed Omnatron Defense System like 40 times and they have only dropped once, where someone else won them. Damn you, Artreemis!
- For Firelands, I was back to trinkets, which wasn’t actually too bad since there were some other reputation/valor options, but still Jaws Of Defeat, you and Shard of Woe, were all I wanted, I would have taken either of you, but NOOOO!
- Lastly Dragon Soul. You know what piece of gear I’ve never worried about? Rings, I never until this raid gave rings much thought, but now they are my white whale. I just need a friggin ring!
What is your white whale? Whether it be a mount, or crafting recipe or like me a piece of gear.